neljapäev, november 23, 2006

Nälg

Ameerikas ei ole enam nälga. Nälja asemel on ülimadal toidujulgeolek ehk very low food security. The Seattle Times meeleolukat artiklit vahendab minut.ee.

Täiendatud: Washington Post vahendab: Very low food security - experiencing multiple indications of disrupted eating patterns and reduced food intake.

Samast artiklist nähtub ka, et Georg Kaksisvee Põõsa koduosariigis Texases on ülimadala toidujulgeolekuga 5% elanikkonnast. Põõsas kommenteerib: In 1999, Texas Gov. George W. Bush, then running for president, said he thought the annual USDA report -- which consistently finds his home state one of the hungriest in the nation -- was fabricated. "I'm sure there are some people in my state who are hungry," Bush said. "I don't believe 5 percent are hungry." Bush said he believed that the statistics were aimed at his candidacy. "Yeah, I'm surprised a report floats out of Washington when I'm running a presidential campaign," he said.

Kommentaare ei ole: